- Function: Security Guard’s primary duty is to guard, to protect all property within the area defined in their post orders and also to assist and protect all employees, tenants and visitors in the designated area. The responsibilities include enforcement of safety rules, rules of conduct, and NBPA policies and procedures. Conduct vehicle and foot patrols of NBPA properties. Assist in staffing NBPA activities and harbor events.
- Specific Duties:
- Conduct security patrols of NBPA properties
- Respond to emergencies and represent the NBPA until senior NBPA staff arrive
- Observe and report security concerns to New Bedford Police and Director of Engineering & Operations
- Do not create or engage in confrontational situations. Contact New Bedford Police if confrontations expected or required.
- Monitor VHF radio
- Prepare NBPA security reports
- Assist with snow removal after proper training
- Assist fisherman and members of the public as appropriate
- Maintain highest standards of respect in interactions with NBPA customers and the public
- Regular work attendance at the NBPA
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must wear uniforms as provided
- Develop strong working relationships with other members of Port Security, City personnel and NBPA staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Skills & Knowledge:
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to operate a VHF radio
- Ability to work constructively and positively with fellow employees
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to work independently and proactively on daily, recurring tasks
- Display acceptable attendance and punctuality
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Please contact Ceasar Duarte, Director of Operations for an application:Ceasar.firstname.lastname@example.org